Useful and fun things to download!
* Free shipping within the continental U.S. only. NVWE will determine whether the shipment is safe to ship via regular Ground or needs to ship via temperature-control. *1/2 Off shipping to Japan.
Small-production wines are our specialty. Since 1988, we have provided our customers with California’s most unique and prized bottlings.
• Rare, vineyard-specific gems
• Micro-production wines; from value bottlings to top-rated cult classics
• Dozens of new wines debuted in our shop every year
• Countless bottles that rarely, if ever, make it out of state
• Wine clubs for every taste and budget…delivered directly to your door
Through our distinctive wine clubs and jewel-box store situated in San Francisco’s Union Square district, Napa Valley Winery Exchange offers a uniquely personal and attentive wine buying experience. Our staff of highly skilled wine professionals not only assist our customers, but are also an integral part of our tasting/selection process.
NVWE Notes: Ultra-elegant, focused, pure in fruit and full of lovely savory accents, the nose of this knockout wine rolls-out aromas of fresh Fuji apple, apple skin, peach pit, golden berry and lemon curd in perfect harmony with scents of toasted hazelnut, coconut cream, white rose, white pepper and vanilla wafer. It is wonderfully supple and vibrantly fresh on the palate where a mix of Meyer lemon zest, lemon sorbet, peach pit and chalky mineral notes add sophistication to the apple, peach and golden berry fruit. Lingering and delicious, it brings to mind fine Chassagne-Montrachet. 304 cases produced.
NVWE Notes: This very impressive Cabernet seems textbook “Atlas Peak” in its aromatic layering of dark cherry, black raspberry, purple plum, black currant, violet, brûléed fig, peppercorn, clove, vanilla, cedar, leather, darkly sweet pipe tobacco, graphite and charred wood. Minerality, zest and tannic grip are evident on the palate and join to streamline the texture but not the impact of the wine’s deep baked plum, berry compote, dark cherry and grilled fig flavors and counterpoints of sweet-savory spice. The finish is lingering and the balance immediately food-worthy, despite the wine’s clear potential for growth. It will be well matched to darkly caramelized roasts, braised beef short ribs, garlicky leg of lamb and the like. Expect four years or more of steady growth. 144 cases produced.